By mitigating several of the 'risk' factors associated with family breakdown and increasing protective factors (providing opportunities for engagement, positive attitudes and relationships) we are aiming to reduce the potential of young people between the ages of 9-17 becoming displaced from their families and homes. Currently 85% of our residents aged 16-25 state family break down as the catalyst for their homelessness.
F4YP services offer a varied programme of activities throughout the academic year both after school and during school holidays. Activities are based around multi sports, music, singing, dance, drama, art, design & technology, science, literacy, canoeing, rock climbing and swimming, as well as offering additional supporting needs and pastoral care. We work alongside families and schools so as to make sure YP develop greater self-confidence, self-esteem and resilience, improved communication, social and problem solving skills, as well as helping to address further issues such social skills, bullying, isolation and emotional well being.
Activities are run by age ranges which are split by school year:
MINIS - years 1-4
JUNIORS - years 5-8
SENIORS - years 9-11
We are also able to offer discounts or FREE places to those in receipt of Pupil Premium/ Free School meals, as well as acknowledge and support those in hardship.
Autumn term After School Club - There are a variety of activities now available for those in year 1-11.
Currently we are unable to offer after school swimming for the autumn term but please still express your interest for future courses.
To see the full list of activities and fees for this school year please click on the relevant link below
- Autumn Term Christmas Concert — Saturday 2nd December- 11-2pm Great Denham Community Hall
We are hosting 4 Christmas workshops at the 1844 Coffee Company. 3 hours of supervised Arts & Crafts for ages 5-12 years. To find out more information follow the links below:
- F4YP Christmas workshop Thursday 21st December 9.30-12pm
- F4YP Christmas workshop Thursday 21st December 1-4pm
- F4YP Christmas workshop Friday 22nd December 9.30-12pm
- F4YP Christmas workshop Friday 22nd December 1-4pm
Spring Term After School Clubs 2018:
- Mini’s Music – Mondays – 8 Weeks
- Junior/Seniors Music – Mondays – 8 Weeks
- Junior Strings– Mondays – 8 Weeks
- Books & Games – Years 1-11 - Tuesdays – 8 Weeks
- Sport – Years 1-11 – Tuesdays – 8 Weeks
- Mini’s Dance – Wednesdays – 8 Weeks
- Juniors Dance – Wednesday – 8 Weeks
- Drama – Years 3-11 – Thursday – 8 Weeks
- End of Spring Term Concert – All Ages
Future Holiday Course Dates 2017/18:
October Half Term - Seniors Residential
February Half Term - Minis/Juniors 12th-14th February
Easter Holidays - Minis 10-11th April, Juniors/Seniors - 9-12th April
Summer Holidays - Minis/Juniors 23/27th July & 30th July - 3rd August
Seniors Summer Dates TBC
Sophie Stock F4YP Activities Coordinator
01234 264109 direct line
01234 307040 YMCA Bedfordshire main office